Become a Volunteer
Atlantic Center for the Arts has a very active and involved league of volunteers consists of over 100 members that come from a variety of diverse backgrounds which contribute to a wide range of organizational and programming needs. Our volunteers are the backbone of the organization providing ‘hands on’ assistance, financial support, and community awareness which is vital to our Mission. Members now provide over 10,000 hours annually which has increased substantially since its official founding in 1991.
The purpose of the ACA Volunteer League is to serve as the volunteer corps of Atlantic Canter for the Arts, further the growth of arts in the New Smyrna Beach area, and foster community interest, appreciation and support of Atlantic Center for the Arts.
“Love the organization and am very happy that I finally became part of it. ACA does many great things to help the art community. I am here for the long run!”
To get involved, contact Peggy Imbert, Volunteer Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org or 386-402-7517.
League membership dues are $35 per year (Included in any ACA Membership) and volunteers are required to contribute a minimum of 36 hours per year. Hours are recorded in the Volunteer Hours book at the ACA Main Campus or downtown location. Total hours are tallied in December and awards are presented annually in January or February to volunteers that have performed ‘above and beyond’ during the previous year. The ACA League offers unique experiences in Community Art Education & Outreach, rewarding interaction with the communities’ youth, fundraising opportunities, friendship…and FUN!
Ways to volunteer:
– Assisting with all events and related activities involving the ACA Volunteer League , Atlantic Canter for the Arts, and IMAGES: A Festival of the Arts.
– Assisting with openings at Arts on Douglas (hospitality, set-up, clean-up, etc.)
– Travel to and from meetings and events, running errands, etc.
– Help with telephone calls or computer including work done at home.
– Special projects including office assistance or reception desk at ACA Main Campus and Arts on Douglas.
– Assisting in the Commons kitchen during Residencies.
– Attending openings at ACA, Harris House and Arts on Douglas. – Special occasions such as ACA League summer luncheons and the annual volunteer recognition luncheon
– Assisting artists/teachers during ACA’s Summer Art Camp, Middle School and High School programs.