Associate Artist-in-Residence Application
Apply to Be an Associate Artist-in-Residence
- Review the Residency Schedule to select a Mentoring Artist you are interested in working with, review application requirements, and deadlines. Each Mentoring Artist determines the requirements and basic structure of their residency and selects up to six Associate Artists to participate in the residency program. Individual artists and artist collectives up to two collaborators are welcome to apply. Be aware that if you are a team, your time in the group will count as one with the Mentoring Artist and studio space will be shared as one, but you do have the option of requesting an individual or shared housing unit.
- Prepare the required application files for your application submission before starting in Submittable. Submittable does allow you to save your progress, but it is recommended that you save written text and files separately on your computer or cloud as a backup in case you lose online progress and need to start over. All applications are made electronically through Submittable. We do not accept applications by email or mail.
- Select the Mentoring Artist page that you want to apply for as an Associate Artist and click “Apply”. From here, you will be directed to the Submittable site. You will need to sign into your account or sign up for an account to complete the application.
- Fill out the application form and enter all the required information. At the bottom of the form, you can upload the files listed in the Mentoring Artist’s application requirements. It is highly recommended that you read the Mentoring Artist application requirements for your desired residency and prepare files in advance of submitting as you will not be able to make revisions once the application is completed.
- The application fee is $25 unless otherwise specified. Enter your payment information at the bottom of the page.
- Click Submit to complete your application. You will receive two confirmation emails: one confirming your payment and another confirming receipt of your application submission. Be mindful that if you wait until the last minute to load files and make payments, there is a possibility that you will get kicked off the site and will lose your application. Be sure to submit your application before the deadline to avoid technical difficulties or being kicked offline at the scheduled cut-off time. No extensions will be granted.
- Applicants with completed submissions will be notified within 6-8 weeks (about 2 months) of application status unless otherwise specified. Incomplete applications will not be considered. No exceptions will be made.
Note that due to the volume of applications, we cannot offer feedback on submissions.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email Residency & Studio Coordinator Jessica Green at email@example.com.