Final Concert Performance: Listening Pasts – Listening Futures
March 25, 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Atlantic Center for the Arts and The World Forum for Acoustic Ecology welcomes you to the conference’s closing night concert. The first half of the program includes short works which will be presented outdoors. After a brief interval, guests will be invited to experience – seated or prone – a stunning black and white film and soundtrack for orchestra, electronics and choir by American composer Scott Ordway.
- Sonic Therapies for Toxic Relationships, Lisa A Schonberg (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute)*, sonification/audification, percussion, electronics and voice
- Impressioni In-Naturali, Federico Martusciello (Conservatorio Alfredo Casella)* acousmatic
- Windmills of Lapua, Nikki Sheth (Anglia Ruskin University)* soundscape
- Glisten of Places for percussion & geotagged soundscapes, Jeremy Muller (Georgia Tech)*; Matthew Burtner (University of Virginia), electronics + solo instruments, fixed media; interactive; multimedia performance
- Old – New – Cyber Smyrna, Gurkan Maruf Mihci (IUPUI)*; Chad M Eby (UK) multimedia performance
- The End of Rain, Scott Ordway (Rutgers University)* multimedia performance
Free and open to everyone
ACA Main Campus outdoor amphitheater
Limited seating, please arrive early.