Expressive Art Journaling – Facebook Live
August 15, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Come explore art journaling in this free online class led by artist/art therapist Laura Bohn. The goal of therapeutic art journaling is to reduce stress and promote relaxation by increasing participants’ ability to play, experiment and gain self-guided insight and understanding of one’s own emotions. Added benefits can include self-growth, discovery, and joy through visual storytelling in a supportive group environment. https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcenterforthearts/
Follow link and please take our PRE and POST workshop surveys – https://atlanticcenterforthearts.org/communityprogramsurveys/
Facebook Live Art Journaling Optional Supply List:
1. Any plain or construction paper will do but best to have a mixed media sketchbook or any sketchbook or composition book
2. A small list of meaningful words or mantras that come to your mind at this time. Or it can be a poem, a prayer, or a quote or your own phrase. For example “Diving Deep” “Soul Work” “Gratitude”
3. Two images (magazine, old greeting cards, photocopy, or your drawings)
4. Any pencils, color pencils, pens, gel pens, pastels markers you prefer to work with
5. Glue sticks, or school glue or Mod Podge
6. Paint is optional! If you want to add paint, acrylic or watercolor will work. Paint, small brushes, used credit or gift cards. Cup of water.
If you are not ready to create, feel free simply to watch the live Art Journaling video and start later.
Laura K. Bohn is a professional artist, art educator and art therapist MAAT. She recently completed her Master’s degree in Art Therapy in December 2014. She has been an art educator for many years and is now an art therapist available for facilitating art and wellness workshops. She has exhibited at the Florida Museum for Women Artists, De Land Museum of Art, IGM gallery in Los Angeles and Wolfe Gallery in De Land, Florida. Some of the art festivals she has exhibited at includes IMAGES, Mount Dora, Gaspiralla, De Land, and Maitland. Laura has taught classes and workshops at De Land Museum of Art, Ormond Memorial Museum of Art, The Hub, Casa Montessori School and Children’s House Montessori School, and now shares her talent at Atlantic Center for the Arts leading workshops in expressive arts.