Artist-in-Residence Program Details
Atlantic Center for the Arts
1414 Art Center Avenue
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Read our locations page for more information
- Residency Length: 3 weeks
- Number of residencies per year: 4
- Average number of Associate Artists in residence at a time: 24
- Average number of applicants per year: 350
- Open to all artists (US and International)
- Language Requirement: a basic command of the English language is necessary.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old at the time of the residency
- Overnight guests, spouses, children, and pets are not permitted to stay in housing during the residency. Please let Atlantic Center for the Arts staff know if you have a medical caretaker, a service animal, or other medical needs so we have plenty of time to accommodate your needs.
ACA is offering FULL scholarships to all accepted artists. The Board of Trustees and staff feel protecting our core mission is paramount, and are grateful to the Pabst Steinmetz Foundation and donors to the 3×23 Campaign for allowing us to make this commitment to funding exceptional artists. All residency fees, room, and board are waived; this does not include travel, transportation, and artist materials
The Florida Artist Residency Scholarship for Leadership in the Arts:
We are pleased to announce that ACA will provide one full scholarship for each residency to a full-time Florida resident.
This funding is made possible, in part, by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs, and the National Endowment for the Arts State Partnership Award and has been matched by the Pabst Steinmetz Foundation.
University of Central Florida Leadership in the Arts Scholarship Award:
Through our longstanding partnership with the University of Central Florida we are pleased to announce this special scholarship award. All current UCF students and faculty members who are accepted into a residency will be admitted free, and will not have to pay the residency fee.
- Application fee: $25
- Application: Atlantic Center for the Arts no longer accepts mailed residency applications. ACA now uses an online application process. Visit How to Apply to read more.
- Application Deadlines: Visit the Residency Schedule to view deadlines for each residency.
- Notification of Acceptance: You will be notified via email 4 – 6 weeks after the application deadline.
ACA Orientation Guide:
Click here to learn more about preparing prior to arriving at ACA, what to expect during the residency and the following topics:
- Associate Introductions
- Health and Safety
- How to arrive at ACA
- Studios/special equipment
- Services provided during the residency
- Visit Studios, Facilities, & Housing to learn more.
Mentoring Artist Selection:
Atlantic Center for the Arts does not accept unsolicited requests to be considered for the position of Mentoring Artist-in-Residence. Mentoring Artists are identified by Atlantic Center for the Arts National Council members. Artists are contacted by National Council members or the Program Department for possible invitations to participate in the residency program.
If you have any questions, please email Ivan Riascos, Residency Director