How to Apply to the Mentoring Artist-in-Residence Program
If you are interested in becoming an Associate Artist, first view the Current Residency Schedule and select the Mentor you are interested in working with. Each Mentoring Artist determines the requirements and basic structure of their residency. Mentors may select up to eight Associate Artists to participate in the three-week program.
You may apply by following the instructions below. Note: ACA no longer accepts application materials via mail, email or fax. An extra administration fee is required if you wish to apply by mail or email.
Additional questions may be answered by visiting Mentoring Artist-in-Residence Program Details or About the Mentoring Artist-in-Residence Program. You can also request help from submittable if you have issues on their site http://help.submittable.com/
To apply for a residency, do the following.
- Visit the current Residency Schedule to review the application requirements and deadline for the Mentoring Artist you want to apply to. Completed applications must be submitted by Midnight EST on the deadline date.
- Prepare the application files for your application submission.
- Visit our submissions site, http://aca.submittable.com/submit, and click on the Submit button for the Mentoring Artist you would like to apply to.
- The next page will ask you to sign in with your current submittable account, or to sign up for a new account. You have to have an account to apply.
- This page is where you enter the information for your application. At the bottom of the form, you can upload the files listed in the Mentoring Artist’s application requirements. Programs require various documents that can include word documents, images, scores, sound files, or other materials. Some artists also require a document with links to online videos. The submission website does not allow you to edit your files after you complete your submission.
- Enter your payment information at the bottom of the page for the application fee ($25).
- Click Submit to complete your application. At the time of this writing, users received two confirmation emails; one confirming your payment and another confirming receipt of your application submission. You should be notified within 6 weeks of the application deadline as to whether or not you have been accepted.
- ACA is offering FULL scholarships to all accepted artists. The Board of Trustees and staff feel protecting our core mission is paramount, and are grateful to the Pabst Steinmetz Foundation and 3×23 Campaign Donors for allowing us to make this commitment to funding exceptional artists. All residency fees, room, and board are waived; this does not include travel, transportation, and artist materials
If you have any questions, please email Ivan Riascos, Residency Director