Mentoring Artist-in-Residence Details
Mentoring Artist Selection
All Mentoring Artists are identified and nominated by our National Council members and the Residency Program Department, juried and invited to participate in the residency program. We do not accept unsolicited requests to be considered for the position at this time.
Associate Artist Eligibility & Requirements
- Open to artists of all disciplines in the United States and Abroad
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old at the time of the residency
- Individual artists or collectives of up to two artists can apply to one residency or more in any discipline of choice
- Applicants can attend one residency or more consecutively upon acceptance, there is no limit
- Language Requirement: a basic command of the English language is necessary
Atlantic Center for the Arts
1414 Art Center Avenue
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
- 4 residencies per year
- 3-Week Residency
- 18 juried Associate Artists per residency, 6:1 ratio to Mentoring Artists
- 500 Average number of applicants per year
Atlantic Center for the Arts’ Artists-in-Residence Program is sponsored, in part, through the generous support of The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts; the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Arts and Culture; the Florida Council on Arts and Culture; National Endowment for the Arts; Pabst Steinmetz Foundation; University of Central Florida, TD Charitable Foundation; Volusia County; and Legacy Campaign donors. All residency fees, room and board are waived; this does not include travel, transportation, and artist materials.
For any additional financial support needs, please consult the following links for information about third-party funding.
For more information, contact Curatorial & Residency Director Sadie Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org.