Arts and Wellness
In 2012 Atlantic Center for the Arts (ACA) began an initiative to integrate various forms of the arts into wellness in the community and in health-care settings. The arts are a tool of expression, discovery, social interaction, lifelong learning, and recovery. ACA Arts and Wellness programs strive to enhance the quality of life for our community by connecting mind, body, and spirit through creativity. With the support of the Pabst Charitable Foundation for the Arts, our organization has been at the forefront of producing innovative resources for all ages. Our team of artists, music therapists, art therapists, and volunteers work together to provide meaningful experiences that accentuate well-being through the arts. ACA works with a wide range of artists and partners to establish ongoing dynamic programs that aim to increase the health and wellness of elders, caregivers, active adults, youth, and artists. ACA Arts and Wellness ambassadors believe that every generation can share their inner artist and learn from each other.
Rooted in the National Center for Creative Aging’s Creative Caregiving initiative, Atlantic Center for the Arts programs include:
- Weekly visits to nursing homes and assisted living facilities where artists incorporate poetry, painting and movement into programming, allowing residents to be creative.
- Providing support and resources that assist both caregivers and their care recipients to have more substantive experiences together.
- Offering Arts and Wellness programming to relieve stress, build self-esteem and enhance quality of life for lower income communities, youth in foster homes, and wider populations of at-risk youth in Volusia County.
- Presenting Arts and Wellness workshops, retreats, and classes that are open to the public, including intuitive painting, expressive journaling, and music and movement.
- Team and skill-building workshops for healthcare professionals, and educational institutions.
Internship opportunities for medical, arts, and psychology students.Please contact us to find out more about joining a program, or customizing opportunities for your facility and staff.
Art and Wellness programs are supported in part by the Winifred Johnson Clive Foundation. The Mission of the Winifred Johnson Clive Foundation is to keep the spirit and passions of Winifred Johnson Clive alive by funding programs and organizations that she supported during her lifetime, and by responding to new organizations that embody and extend her philanthropic heritage. Accordingly, the Winifred Johnson Clive Foundation will fund projects benefiting her churches, education, the arts, and wildlife conservation. The Mission also encompasses projects which respond to the challenges of aging, promote the welfare of children and animals, and address problems encountered by victims of domestic violence, abuse and neglect. Learn more
Mind. Body. Spirit. The Pabst Charitable Foundation for the Arts is a leader in fostering awareness and action for the growing belief and field of work that integrates creativity arts, wellness, and health, particularly when illness strikes families. Our mission, identifying both interdisciplinary and innovative initiatives for impact on community, continues to foster development and research on outcomes that can make a difference for people, especially families challenged by illness. Learn more